Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thank goodness God's in control...

So much to share with you all but so tired... so i'm gonna keep it short and sweet.

Monday was travel day. And it involved a bit more travelling because not only was I on a 5 hour flight, but it was then followed up by an 8 hour drive, which was supposed to only be a 2 hour drive.

Why you ask? Because of this... (sorry it is not so clear)



What you see in this picture is water inching closer and closer to the road. Yep, that's right. It was a monsoon, flash flood and thunder storm filled day of which my teammates who live in Atlanta said they'd never seen the likes of in their lives.

We spent Tuesday preparing ourselves, as much as we could, for what the tour would be like. I quickly learned that our preparation could only be to a certain extent just because there are so many things that'll be outside of our control while on tour. And of course to relax during the break, we did the typical thing of practice our cupid shuffles, cotton eyed joes, waltzes, rumbas and swings. Worked up a sweat!

Now we're all just training to do the roles that we have while on tour and getting things together as best we can before we head out to LA Friday to meet the kids and to get ready for our first concert there on Sunday.



Check out the joy on CJ Palmer's face as he and I counted out, folded and bagged over 500 cards.

Just for the record, I'm hoping to blog at least a couple times a week, but we'll see how things are as the tour picks up. I'll promise to blog at least once a week though.

Things i'd appreciate your prayer in:
- Letting God hold the reins. There's so much I wish I had control over but just won't during this tour and I know that I need to understand that I can't, but He can. Pray for me that I get this and begin to really trust Him.
- Personal time with God. To make sure I am constantly setting aside time in my day to spend in His Word, listening to Him and talking with Him. You can even check up on me with this. :)

Much love.

3 comments:

  1. you can count on me to pray for those things for you! I am so excited for you! i cannot wait to hear more about it!!!

    Good luck! Have fun! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome that it is about to start. excited to hear the future updates. take care man.

    ReplyDelete