Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Was Thanksgiving really a week ago?

It has been awhile since i've been able to get out a real post, so sorry!

I can not believe it is December already, feels like it was just the summer. Where has all the time gone?! I'm sad that I won't have as much time to get into the swing of Christmas, so expect a lot of Christmas spirit once I get back home!

Thanksgiving! So as I had mentioned, I got to enjoy my Thanksgiving not once, not even twice but three different times! On Wednesday, the Daraja family got the opportunity to cook a Kenyan meal for ourselves and the host. It was a delicious meal that included chipati(similar to a flour tortilla), cale, beef stew and chai!


Rolling chapati!


Dan cutting Cale!


Grace not only made the beef stew but the rice as well!


My Kenyan family even let me help out with some of the cooking!

I got to spend Thanksgiving day with a host home in Greenwood, SC and then the day after that I was in Thomasville, NC with a host home who was having their Thanksgiving meal that night! 3 incredible families and 3 amazing Thanksgiving dinners made for 1 memorable Thanksgiving. On top of that, I missed the Turkey Bowl with the Sunset Brotherhood back at home but got a couple games of my own in playing with relatives of our host and teaching my Kenyan boys american football!

With it being December, that means I have now less than 2 weeks with the kids as they fly back on Dec. 15. Things are definitely bittersweet at this moment. I was blessed with a day off today, probably my last one of the tour, because I was starting to wear thin on my patience and my body is just tired. Prayers for that and just an ability to pour everything i've got out these last couple weeks would be greatly appreciated.

We've got a live CD recording coming up on Friday, Dec. 11 at NorthPoint church in Atlanta where Andy Stanley is the pastor and guys like Kristian Stanfill and Steve Fee lead worship. I'm so excited for the night because i'm sure it will be a huge rocking crowd! Too bad i'm assuming it'll take awhile for the actual CD to come out.



What a great way to be ending things off! Leaving Charlotte, NC today for the mountains in NC and then back to GA where we'll be wrapping things up. Can't believe this journey is almost over but the memories and relationships i'm sure will carry on for a lifetime.

Much love to everyone back home.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates. It was awesome getting to see yall at the concert in AL. Take care and have an amazing last few weeks with the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chai!!!!!!!!! :) Tell the kids I said hi, and send em my love k?

    ReplyDelete