Friday, October 23, 2009

"Lord You are good and Your mercy endureth forever..."

Our concert at the Scranton Cultural Center, which looked more like a castle, was awesome.






"To the Glory of the Grand Architect of the Universe"

But of course, that's just a bonus to how awesome the worship time was.









This week we've gotten the chance to have our longest stay in a place to date. It has been an amazing 4 days in Cranberry Township, PA, which is about 30 minutes away from Pittsburgh. Part of the excitement in being here rests in the beauty of the surrounding nature. Either we don't have these back home or I just haven't really noticed but the trees changing color has been one of the most magnificent things i've seen in awhile! Look how gorgeous it is!











On Wednesday, I was blessed to have my parents fly in from San Francisco and get the chance to worship with the choir! I appreciate their sacrifice as they woke up at 6am PST and made it just in time for the concert at 7pm EST. They loved the kids and I know the kids loved them. If only there was someway that all of you my dear friends could meet these amazing kids and the rest of the choir!





So you're probably wondering what is up with all these cowboy hats and no, we don't normally have to dress like that. I actually forgot to take a picture with my parents after the concert but luckily they were around for another day which just so happened to be our host church's Fall Festival, a Western Round Up!


The kids were able to get in some cowboy/girl get up.



Mechanical bull! Yeeeehaw!



Over the course of this week I have felt absolutely blessed to catch glimpses of God's goodness and mercy in my own life:
  • I wholeheartedly appreciate the love and support of my parents in sacrificing the time and money to come out to Pennsylvania. I hope that they really enjoyed meeting the kids and getting to be led in worship by them. How incredibly encouraging it was to get to see them! 
  • The devotional time in the morning has been refreshing. Abbu's words of wisdom to everyone on what humility should look like as talked about in Philippians 2:3 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility, consider others better than yourselves." and this understanding that if we're not fulfilling God's purpose for our lives than we're wasting His grace.
  • I've been blessed to spend a pretty good chunk of time with another wonderful host family who have been a loving, living encouragement to the boys and I. It's awesome when you get to see God's love lived out through His people, who are all over the place, time and time again.
  • As I continue to get to know the kids more and understand their lives back home in contrast to the way they exude love and worship wholeheartedly, it is as our tour leader says it should be, it is becoming an encouragement for me to worship God with that same kind of freedom through the life I live.
Time for us to ride off into the Sunset as we start moving back south again, next stop Waynesboro, VA... Much love ya'll!


3 comments:

  1. Love your pictures and your precious words of thankfulness. I know your parents are so proud of you, and your appreciation for them is one of the greatest gifts you can give them.

    Come on back to the south!! We miss you and the kids, and look forward to seeeing you very soon.

    Please give our love to the boys and tell them we miss them.
    The Tabors ~ Tommy, Robin, Brooke and Landon

    PS We have pretty trees here too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen!!! This has just encouraged me beyond expression!!! I wish I was back in Kenya right now!!! It is so true about how they worship so freely and wholeheatedly... i don't know when the last time i can truly say this was for me....

    i love you all and miss you very much!
    You are all in my prayers!

    (tell C.j. and the kids Hi for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics. And how nice of your parents to fly out there haha. Hope you're having a blast and take care.
    -Tony Ng

    ReplyDelete