Friday, October 30, 2009

Don't take my word for it...

I'm going to switch it up since I had a ton of pictures last time, i'm going to use more words this time, though not necessarily mine. I think i've mentioned it a few times how I would love for all of you to get a chance to meet the kids and people i'm travelling with and see us perform. And it is so true but I also realize how difficult it is on your part since we don't exactly make it out anywhere close to the west coast, this year at least. I asked my parents to write a short blurb about what they thought of everything when they came out.

"I came as a spectator to see Daraja in concert...but it was more, so much more. Very soon after we arrived, it hit me - we were there to worship our King! Yes, worshipping in different ways-some sang, some clapped with the music, many stood quietly and listened-but we were all there giving honor and praise to God! I found myself thinking how, one day, this is how it would be in Heaven, all nations, all peoples standing before His throne and worshipping Him! I also found myself praying for these precious Daraja kids just like I have always prayed for our sons, that they would love and walk closely with Him all of their days. And oh, yes, of course, it was REALLY neat to see Stephen! God IS good!!!!" - Mom (Diana)




"WOW! It was really great to see & meet the Daraja Choir live at the Grace Community Church in Cranberry Township just northeast of Pittsburgh.

Seeing their worship set was truly inspirational. Listening to the words sung in the worship songs were very encouraging and helped us to focus on worshiping God for His goodness & majestic character. There were some very inspirational moments, one came from a video in the program that provided background on life in Kenya for 2-3 of the kids in the choir and shared about their background family/home situation which made their singing and worship songs even more powerful to see in their joyful spirits knowing that God will be providing for them was really heartfelt. Having the children in the choir come up uninhibited giving us hugs and engaging us in conversations really was a sweet time of fellowship and it affirmed what we were seeing and hearing.

The 410Bridge staff were great too. They were not worn out by all the travel and long days being with & caring for the kids. You could tell that the staff’s love for each other and the kids were overflowing all the time. Their genuine love for each other (staff & kids) give us a glimpse of what it would like in heaven with God. There would be singing, praising, abundant joy, hope and encouragement flow from every corner of heaven. All because He loved us first! Praise the Lord for what He is doing with 410Bridge and in each of the kids lives.

You’ve got to be there ‘LIVE’ to realize the fullness of the sweet fellowship, the overflowing love and joy of knowing God!"  - Dad (Bill)



I know the video isn't great, but maybe this'll help a bit too.


 
Been travelling through North Carolina much of this week. We're taking a plane to Ohio on Saturday and will be there the weekend then flying back to North Carolina come Monday. I'm  especially excited because i'll get to see my brother in Cincinnati!
 
Hearing some of the stories of how God selected these kids (yes, from hearing these stories it is pretty evident to me that God's got His hands on them!) for the choir from Grace, the wife of our choir director Abbu, has been incredible. It really does just add so much to their testimony and ability to lead worship. I hope to someday get a chance to know them all and then share them with you!
 
Thanks for following my journey so far and the continued support! Much love!


1 comment:

  1. STEPHEN AND CJ!!!!!!!!!!! IM COMING TO SEE YOU ON THURSDAY!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you guys...

    ReplyDelete