Thursday, November 12, 2009

Big Happenings and Small Towns

We made our trip through the mountains to little Townsend, TN! I think i'll be staying in a cabin tonight with my boys.

Some things have happened recently in Daraja that i'd just like to ask for you to continue to pray for wisdom for all of us chaperones and God's guidance in not only our lives but in the lives of the children as well.

(Written Wednesday, November 11; was waiting to be able to upload video)

I know it has been awhile but here I am sitting in Brasstown, NC. It is a place quite different than home, one of those places that is out in the mountains, where no one locks their doors and where it seems like everyone knows each other. I've been blessed with a day off today but my access to internet has been limited to my location. I have certainly enjoyed the change of scenery and the down time though. This is where i'm staying.





While in Wilkesboro, NC we had an amazing night time opportunity. Rather than leading in worship we got the chance to be led in worship by the New Damascus Church Baptist Choir. It was my first gospel choir experience and i'm hoping it won't be my last! To top the night off, the Daraja Children's Choir of Africa joined with the New Damascus Church Baptist Choir to perform a beautiful version of "Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)" together. Though i'm sure it won't be as moving as it was in person, i'd like to share it with you.



On top of that we also got to spend a night full of fun roller skating, which inevitably resulted in numerous falls. Only 2 on my part. It was a laughter filled, bottom rubbing experience!



Here's the latest of my spare time football work.



We'll be heading to Tennessee tomorrow. Short journal entry today but hope the videos make up for it! Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment