Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Things are great even if it is gonna be 7 days straight...

What a day! This morning we had the opportunity to sing for preschoolers which was then followed up with an afternoon visit to sing at an assisted living home. Not to mention school in between times and now I believe a bunch of us are headed to eat some Hibachi with our host homes!

Our time at the assisted living home has to be one of my favorite moments during the tour so far. Prior to entering we talked to the kids about how there might be sights, smells and situations that would be new to them upon our arrival but they were asked to nonetheless just shower these people living and working there with love. As we waited for all of the elderly to come out of our rooms, the kids were asked if they would go around introducing themselves and talking to the people. And man, they went into it completely dying to self as they courageously engaged in conversation, genuinely pursued knowing about these people through questions and lavished smiles and hugs. After we got to sing a few songs, good byes had to be said and you could tell, not just by the tears in the eyes, but in the way the hugs lingered and the words of gratitude shared that lives had been blessed, on both sides.





I was so proud of them for how they poured themselves out and was excited getting to see them build up relationships, even if it was just in a 30 minute period. It was a reminder and an encouragement for myself to get rid of the self doubt and worrisome thoughts that I so often find myself engulfed in. To remember that I am His child, that He loves me as I am and "I have been crucified with Christ, it is no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me. And the life that I now live in the flesh, I live by faith, in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me." - Galatians 2:20. I no longer need to identify myself with what people think of me but can find peace, joy and love in the knowledge that Christ is now my identity. Though I know I oftentimes I fail at living in a manner that acknowledges this, that does not mean that it isn't true.

I had moved from out in the mountains during my time in Brasstown, NC and Townsend, TN to living like in the forest in Ellijay, GA. Now we're in Birmingham, AL, staying with a church that the kids stayed with over the summer. Come Wednesday we'll hit a 7 day stretch where we have a concert every single night. One could even say it is a 9 day stretch as we sang at a school yesterday morning along with our performances today. Obvious prayers for strength and rest will definitely be appreciated. I'd also appreciate prayer for myself in patience and wisdom as we've come to our final month and i'd love to pour into these kids as God has poured into me.

This morning I got to do a little MCing for the preschoolers as our tour leader, Christi, was unavailable. Since then I was given the opportunity of filling the speaking role during one of our concerts where she'll be away come Friday. Since most of you don't know what that would entail, i'll tell ya. During the worship concert i'd be introducing the choir, explaining what we do and who/what the 410 Bridge is along with letting people know the opportunities they have to give through prayer, time or money. It is something I prayed about all day and though i'm still a bit nervous and anxious, after seeing the kids so confidently move forward in loving others without self doubt today was an encouragement to me to step forward in faith as well and accept this opportunity, unless something changes because originally the executive director from the 410 Bridge was supposed to come up to give the talk. With that being said i'd like to make a special prayer request for peace of heart and nerves, wisdom in what to say, clarity when/if the time comes to speak and confidence from Galatians 2:20, that it is Christ who lives in me.

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment